Shop the Post!
A few weeks ago I shared some of my favorite things to stay comfy & happy at home during quarantine but now that the temps have warmed up quite a bit I wanted to share an updated version with my summer comfy at home favorites. Most of my winter comfies are too hot for the summer months so I’m sharing a few of my go to styles and must haves. Plus, some of the things that will make being at home more often this summer a little more enjoyable!
1. Comfy Rompers: This romper kind of served as the inspiration behind this post because when I received it I knew I would be living in it and others like it all summer long! The material is beyond soft and buttery! I love that it has long sleeves with shorts so it’s still cozy enough for evenings or in the air conditioning. It’s a little slouchy so I wore it as an off the shoulder but if you don’t want to wear it that way then maybe size down. While I’ll be wearing this around the house a lot I also think it’s great for running errands.
2. Ponchos & Wraps: One of the struggles with working indoors during the summer is dressing for the temps outside but being in the chilly AC all day so I love to have a poncho or wrap on hand. I’m obsessed with this rainbow eyelash poncho wrap for summer – the bright colors are so fun and I think this would even look cute paired with a white dress or white pants on a chill night.
3. T-shirt Dresses: Quarantine or not these are a summer staple for me. T-shirt dresses are the BEST for running errands or doing stuff around the house. They keep you cool, are super comfy and are so easy to throw on and go. I want this Everlane one in every color!
4. Floral Candles: I’ve slowly but surely been transitioning to floral candles. I always use the Anthropologie Volcano candle during the late winter months but as soon as the weather gets nice I bust out all my floral candles. I love absolutely anything with a Geranium scent. Also, how cute is the container that this candle comes in?
5. Cute Bud Vases: If you’ve been following along on my IG stories, you know I’m a little obsessed with my garden and flowers. I’m planning to pick some our tulips and new blooms throughout the season to bring inside so I can enjoy them all the time. I love having some fun bud vases to put a few stems in and scatter them around the house. If you don’t have a garden you can pick up some fresh flowers on your grocery store runs and just add two or there to a small vase in different spots around your home. Fresh flowers always put a smile on my face.
6. Light Weight Blanket: I have a big huge faux fur blanket that I’m obsessed with. However, I typically put it away in the summer because It’s way too hot but I still love having some lighter weight blankets around to cozy up with. I don’t own this one but I’ve heard amazing things about Barefoot Dreams anything and this light weight blanket looks like the perfect summer blanket.
7. Summer Headbands: I’m still headband obsessed but a lot of my headbands are velvet or sparkly so I’ve been on the hunt for some fun floral print headbands that I can wear this summer. They’re such an easy way to make a pony tail look a little cuter or hide unwashed hair! Plus, if you’re planning to work outside on nice days like me it helps keep the hair out of your face if there’s any kind of breeze.
8. Sunglasses: This is an obvious one but another essential if you’re planning to work outside or spend time outside! I’ve always been a huge fan of round sunglasses. If you’re wanting to try out a new style, nows the time!
9. Insulated Wine Glass: If you don’t have one of these yet, it’s a game changer. Even if you’re not a wine drinker these are great for keeping any kind of beverage cold. My favorite Monogram Shop has lots of cute ways to personalize them. These also make a great gift for a friend who needs a little pick me up!
10. Travel Board Games: I don’t know about you but I’m really starting to get sick of watching TV all the time! Ryan and I love to play card games and board games. When we were on our honeymoon we played backgammon on our balcony every night because there was nothing to do in Bora Bora after 8 PM. I have a feeling we’ll starting this tradition back up when it’s nice enough to spend evenings outdoors. I love this travel Backgammon set because it’s easy to bring in and outside or you could even bring it with you to a park if that’s an option for you!