Its no secret that I have a HUGE sweet tooth and lately, instead of splurging on my favorite Jeni’s Black Cat Espresso Ice Cream every night, I’ve found this delicious healthy hot chocolate recipe. One of my favorites indulgences during this time of year is a cup of hot chocolate. A few years ago my Aunt Jody, who I told you all about in this post, introduced me to an incredible healthy hot chocolate recipe and I’ve been dying to share it with you all. Its incredibly simple to make and only requires three ingredients.
- Add one tablespoon of Organic Cacao Powder to a mug
- Mix one tablespoon of organic blue agave to the cacao powder. The mixture should turn into a paste-like consistency. You can continue to mix in agave until the mixture reaches a past-like consistency.
- Heat up a separate mug of almond milk (or your choice of milk) in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Gradually stir the hot milk into the mug with the cacao and agave mixture.
- Add desired toppings like my favorite XO Marshmallows!