Shop the Look!
Today I wanted to share one of my all time favorite outfits that I recently wore during our trip to Charleston. If I were to pick a casual outfit that describes my style & personality, this would probably be it. I had my eye on this houndstooth scarf and headband all holiday season long and finally got them from my parents for Christmas! I also just love the look of a collared shirt layered under a sweater. It’s usually my go to when I don’t know what to wear during the winter months.
Since this outfit is such a great depiction of me and there are quite a few new visitors and followers of The Lovely Lo Down both on the blog and Instagram, I thought it would be a good time to share a few things about myself that you may not know. For those of you who have been following for a while, I tried to throw some new facts that you may not have heard yet! 🙂
1. I have four sisters. Three by blood & one by marriage. I love them all to pieces.
2. My go to Starbucks order is a coconut milk cappuccino but I taught myself how to make them at home so I don’t spend all my $$ at Starbucks!
3. I’m naturally very shy but I love meeting new people. I just get a little nervous at first.
4. I worked at Nordstrom and J.Crew in High School and College.
5. I studied abroad in Florence, Italy.
6. Ryan and I are High School Sweethearts.
7. I tried to run the Chicago Marathon but never finished and I’m ok with that. I went into the race with an IT Band issue and my hip gave in on mile 16.
8. I have really wide feet so its pretty hard for me to find shoes that fit right.
9. My go to nail polish color has always been Red even when I was a little girl. My favorite shade of red nail polish is Geranium by Essie.
10. I was a Journalism Major at Indiana University.
11. Olivia Palermo is my #1 Style Icon.
12. I played just about every sport under the sun growing up but I played soccer the longest and most competitively. I was a forward/striker. I also wore a red bow in my hair during soccer games…even in High School.
13. My lucky number is 7 because I was born on July 7th aka 7/7.
14. I’m notorious for falling asleep at parties and social gatherings.
15. I have a huge sweet tooth. I love dark chocolate, Oreos, Gummy Bears and Tates Cookies.