The question I get asked the most out of anything is “How do you Curl you Hair?” so I am very excited that I finally got around to filming this tutorial that I promised to so many of you!!
I do want to start by saying that I’ve been curling my hair like this almost every day for many many years so don’t get frustrated – it takes practice and you’ll get the hang of it very quickly if you practice every day like I did. It’s a pretty lengthy video so I’ll keep this post short but I did recap a few of the main takeaways and linked all of the products I use including my curling iron below! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!!
Here are the top 10 tips to remember:
1. You don’t need a fancy or expensive curling iron to achieve this look!!
2. Make sure you are sectioning your hair into layers.
3. Curl about 1″ pieces of hair at a time
4. Curl the side of your head with less hair towards your face for more of that old Hollywood glam look!
5. Curl the side of your head with more hair away from your face – it won’t look good if you curl that much hair towards your face- trust me.
6. Yes you should look like Shirley Temple when you are done curling – don’t worry it wont look that after you brush it out!
7. Wait until your curls are completely cool. Then use a Wet brush to brush out your curls so you don’t rip them out.
8. Brush out the back of your part to add a little extra volume to the top of your head.
9. You may not have noticed but I don’t use hairspray. I have found that hairspray weighs my curls down too much. Some people desperately need it so this will depend on your hair but if you think you can go without it, your curls and hair will look much better and super shiny!
10. Practice makes perfect!!