Today I’m excited to be talking about a highly requested topic – skincare! A well rounded skincare routine is something that I’ve been trying to educate myself on and take more seriously over the past few years. One thing I’ve learned is that your skincare routine should differ from morning tonight and from season to season. Today I’m diving into my winter night time skincare routine and some of my current favorite products.
I start by taking off all my make up with a Neutrogena make up remover wipe and cleanse my face with my go to Cetaphil cleanser. From there, I typically use the following products:
1. Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Dark Spot Corrector: Since the summer, my skin tone has gotten much lighter and I’m seeing a lot of the dark spots and sunspots (new and old) that were covered by my summer tan. I use this tone repair retinol moisturizer that not only moisturizes but also works on getting rid of those dark spots overnight. I’ll definitely be getting much better about wearing a hat 24/7 next summer.
2. Rosehip Triple C + E Firming Oil:To moisturize overnight I use this incredible facial oil that is high in vitamin C and E. It smells SO good and it’s amazing for your skin. It pretty much covers all the bases from reducing redness to wrinkles and helps firm up your skin. I only use it at night because it’s not the best to put make up over but when used before bed, you’ll wake up with the smoothest and softest skin ever!
3. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum: Under my eyes is one of the areas I’ve noticed the most signs of aging so I have been on the hut for a really great eye serum for some time now. Estee Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum seemed to be wildly popular with amazing reviews so I thought I’d start with this one. While this product is a little pricy for its size, a little goes a long way and it is incredibly moisturizing. I can definitely tell a difference in the morning if I forget this step.
4. Open Formula Argan Oil: I recently shared my experience with Open Formula in this blog post and one of my favorite products is their Argan Oil. While it’s a little on the heavy side to slater all over my face, it’s great for super dry areas like, the little corners around your nose, that need extra moisturizing. I also love rubbing it on my hands and feet before bed so that they wake up feeling extra soft.
5. Aubio Winter Survival Lip Kit:Chapped lips are one of my biggest skin issues during the winter months. The cold temps and dry air always lead to chapped lips which will inevitably turn into a cold sore which is the last thing I need popping up during the holidays or on my ski trip out west. Aubio’s Winter Survival Lip Kit is my go to for keeping my lips from getting chapped. Not only is this the final step of my nighttime routine but I usually keep my Aubio chapstick on my nightstand so I can re-apply if I wake up in the middle of the night or first thing the next morning!
P.S. If you are looking for a SUPER cozy robe, I’m obsessed with mine that you can shop here!