Yesterday on Instagram Stories I asked for your recommendations on your favorite non-alcoholic “treat” drinks that I can stock up on for Sober January. I was blown away by all of your amazing suggestions and so many of you wanted me to share the list of suggestions I received – sounds like I’m not the only one doing sober January! I was truly so excited about the response I got and wanted to organize all the recommendations so you can easily reference it any time you’re trying to cut back on alcohol! But before I get started I have to say THANK YOU ALL for these amazing suggestions. This is a post is all made possible by those of you who made a recommendation so thank you, thank you! These are all your suggestions + a few of mine sprinkled in!
A few quick notes: I linked all of these to amazon just so you can get more product information but most of these you should be able to find at your local grocery store, especially whole foods some you may have to order though. Also, these are by no means “healthy” while some of the drinks definitely are I know that many of them are not necessarily healthy or should be consumed in moderation!
- Sanpellegrino Momenti: I’ve tried the Lemon & Raspberry flavor and its really good. A little on the sweet side but I like these! Also had someone suggest them. I’m going to try some of the other flavors soon!
- Spindrift: While I’m not a huge fan of sparkling water, Spindrift seems to be a favorite for most. If I do go for sparkling water this would be my choice!
- Topo Chico: I had never heard of this but I got several recommendations so I’m dying to try it! One person suggested adding a splash of orange juice to make it taste just like a cocktail!
- Whole Foods Sparkling Water with Ginger: This is exactly what I’ve been looking for for the longest time! I am dying to try this because I love Ginger Ale but worry about all the added sugar. This has none! I’m going to get some of this this week. Someone suggested adding a splash of cranberry juice, blueberries, mint or fresh thyme. Wow that sounds yummy!
- Blenheim Ginger Ale: If I’m really going to treat myself, this is the Ginger Ale I want to drink. I just discovered this in Charleston – it’s made in NC – and it is SO good. it’s a little higher in calories than your regular name brand Ginger Ale’s but I feel like it’s probably a lot more natural.
- Zevia Sodas: I have always wanted to try these and was excited to hear someone loves them! Going to pick them up next time at the grocery store!
- Bai Bubbles: These sound like a great alternative to a cocktail. Bai always has really yummy flavors!
- Health-Ade Kombucha: Many of you suggested Kombucha! This is my all time favorite Kombucha. The Pink Lady Apple flavor tastes a bit like champagne.
- Sanpellegrino Blood Orange: I haven’t had these in forever but the recommendation reminded me how good they are!
- Diet Coke: Like Ginger Ale, not really a healthy option but if you’re not doing sober January for calorie/sugar content reasons then by all means go for it. I might treat myself to one sometime soon. 🙂
- Trader Joes Rhubarb & Strawberry Soda: This is my recommendation! I LOVE these They are only 70 calories per can and they are so tasty. They are however a very summery drink and they’re pretty sweet. I’ve never tried the Lemon Elderflower flavor but may need to try it based on the next recommendation…
- Belvoir Elderflower Cordial: I was pretty excited when I looked up this recommendation because I’m such a sucker for pretty packaging. I’m definitely going to have to let you all know how this is once I try it because it sounds really good too. I love that it comes in a Wine Bottle look because it makes you feel like you’re pouring yourself something super fancy. Mind over matter right?! This also comes in another rose flavor. It sounds like you can get it at Whole Foods or World Market!
- Republic of Tea Lean Green Tea: It’s always great to have a really good green tea recommendation. I love drinking tea at all times of the day and a little honey makes it sooo good!
- Peppermint Tea: This was a common suggestion from many of you as well! I’m going to have to add this to my Tea Cabinet
- Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice: This was a very specific recommendation so I’m definitely going to order this. It sounds so perfect for a chilly day!
- Tazo Vanilla Bean Macaroon: I’ve always been so curious about the food flavored teas and to hear this one is a hit makes me so excited because I love Macaroons! Definitely grabbing this for my tea cabinet as well.
- Chamomile Tea: A really great go to at the end of the day! Many of you seem to agree. I like to sip this in bed and if I want to treat myself I add some honey and a side of cookies.
- Turmeric Ginger Tea: Not only does this sound delicious but Turmeric and Ginger have so many amazing health benefits which is great if you’re really trying to go the healthy route all around this month!
- Pukka Teas: I loved to see this recommendation because I love Pukka teas as well! They are all SO good and have a sweetness to them so you don’t have to add any sugar or honey. My go to’s are the Detox tea and the Night Time tea.
- Pure Leaf Black Tea: Another great option that’s usually available everywhere so if you have a craving you can get it easily!
- Hibiscus Tea: I loved that someone else loves Hibiscus tea because over the summer Ryan and I would make a big pitcher of this Hibiscus Iced Tea every week. We would mix it with iced green tea I think it would also be so yummy if you added in fruit like real sangria!
- Steaz Green Teas: Ryan LOVES green tea and these are by far his favorite. They have so many flavors but right now the grapefruit honey is our favorite! These are super low in calories but the flavor is really great.
- Intgritea Green Mango Iced Tea: I’m so excited about this suggestion because its a Kardashian favorite and Skinny Confidential approved so I have a feeling its pretty good!
- Light Cranberry Juice: This seems like a great alternative for Red Wine lovers plus it seems like a lot of you like to mix it in with your sparkling waters to make a little mocktail. Sounds like something that would be good to have on hand!
- Water with Lemon: Obviously the most Healthy choice! I wish I could love water as much as the person who recommended it to consider it a treat!
- Milk with a splash of Vanilla Extract and a Touch of Sugar: Love this unique combination that sounds like cozy in a cup! The person who suggested this used to drink it when she was a little girl so its gotta be super yummy!
- Super Healthy Hot Coco: I love the idea of having Hot Coco instead of wine especially when its REALLY guilt free like this suggestion to mix hot water with some pure cocoa powder (no sugar added). I also have a “healthy” Hot Cocoa recipe that you can find here although it’s definitely not as healthy as this option!
- Harmless Harvest Coconut Water: This is another really healthy option. I don’t really like coconut water but after hearing all the rave reviews about this specific brand I’m going to give it another shot because I know it’s really good for you!
- Vitamin Water Zero Lemonade/Low Calorie Lemonades: Lemonade is always such a yummy treat! Definitely opt for the low calorie, low sugar options though!
- Steaz Prickly Pear Water: This is the same brand that makes our favorite Green Teas. I just noticed they have some other drink lines and this one looks particularly yummy to me!
- Nuun Water Tablets: I always see these at whole foods but have never tried them. This is such a good idea to have on hand in your purse if you’re dining out and want to enjoy a flavored drink but don’t want a sugary soda, juice or alcohol.
- H2Rose Water: I used to drink this all the time but haven’t seen it at the Grocery Store since we moved! It’s pretty pricy but it was really good and rose water is really good for your skin, hair, etc.
- POM Pomegranate Juice: This would be my recommendation to curb a Red Wine craving. While it definitely doesn’t come close to an actual glass of red wine, I still enjoy it! You just want to make sure its 100% pomegranate and not something loaded with added sugars and all that.